- Capture 4K Ultra HD Video
- Capture the finest details in 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution. This camcorder allows incredibly high resolution, to produce vibrant and realistic images. In addition, the fast image processor is the same one employed in professional Sony camcorder models, making it possible to record 60p movies at Full HD resolution for incredibly smooth and sharp playback, with no loss in realism, even when panning the camera and shooting moving subjects.
- 1″ Exmor CMOS Sensor
- The camcorder features Sony^27s first 1.0″ Exmor R CMOS sensor. The back-illuminated technology improves low-light sensitivity and combines with Sony^27s Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise by 50%. This is great when shooting in dimly lit environments such as night landscapes or indoor scenes.
- 20 MP Still Images
- Capture high-quality 20 MP still images, as well as 14.2 MP (16:9) and 15 MP (4:3) images. You can also take 2.1 MP images while recording video.
- Versatile Shooting with XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4 CodecsT
- he FDR-AX100 records Full HD movies in the XAVC S format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec for compression while saving files in a MP4 wrapper. The highly compressed files allow for longer record times. The camcorder also records in AVCHD, providing high-quality video for HDTV playback and Blu-ray disc burning. Additionally, the camcorder can shoot MP4 HD video, which is ideal for sharing over the internet at up to 28Mbps. Having the ability to switch between all three of three formats makes this camcorder a versatile tool content creation. . For the greatest flexibility, you can even record AVCHD and MP4 formats simultaneously.
- Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens with 12x Optical Zoom
- The FDR-AX100 comes equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens. It features a wide 35mm-equivalent focal length of 29mm, making it suitable for capturing landscapes, as well as 12x optical zoom and 24x Clear Image zoom, for getting close to the action.
- BIONZ X Processor Enables High Speed 120 fps Recording
- The BIONZ X Image processor enables the camcorder to create more naturally vivid and lifelike images with higher resolutions. Detail reproduction technology optimally filters edges and textures differently depending on the scene. It also features area specific noise reduction which swiftly and efficiently analyzes the subject and reduces noise. The image processor also allows you to record at 120 fps for slow-motion playback at 1/5th the speed when played back at 24 fps after post-processing.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode is an advanced optical Image stabilization technology that corrects camera shake to capture scenes with smoothness and stability. Intelligent Active Mode analyzes video frames and provides compensation with assistance from the BIONZ X image processing engine. Whether recording movies while walking or zooming, you can capture scenes with a higher level of stability.
- High Contrast 0.39″ OLED EVF
- The FDR-AX100 provides a high contrast 0.39″ OLED Tru-Finder EVF which reproduces rich color and deep blacks. The optical design of the EVF utilizes four dual-surface aspherical lenses, allowing for a 33° wide viewing angle that is clear from edge-to-edge of the viewfinder.
- Large 3.5″ Xtra Fine LCD
- The 3.5″ Xtra Fine LCD screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 921K dot resolution, delivering sharp, bright, and vivid images. The large screen allows you to compose your shots more easily, even when outdoors.
|Sensor||1 x 1″ Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor|
|Color Filter System||RGB|
|Pixel Gross||Approx. 20.9 million pixels|
|Screen Size (Diagonal)||3.5″|
|Rotation||Opening Angle: 90°|
Turning Angle: 270°
|Screen Size (Diagonal)||0.39″|
|Inputs||1x 1/8″ (3.5mm) Stereo Input (Jack)|
|Outputs||1x HDMI D (Micro)|
1x Composite Video (out)
1x USB 2.0
1x Bravia Sync
1x 1/8″ (3.5mm) Stereo Output (Jack)
|Battery||NP-FV70 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|Charging Method||AC adapter|
|Power Adapter||5.0 VDC|
|Dimensions||81 mm x 83,5 mm x 196,5 mm|